WHEN DO I MOVE?
For so many of the issues older adults face while living at home, a senior living community offers a positive alternative. Consider them side by side and see how senior living could be the wise choice for your family:
SHOULD I HAVE THE CONVERSATION WITH MY LOVED ONE?
Starting a conversation with a family member about moving to a life plan community can be difficult. If you’re feeling nervous, uncomfortable or guilty bringing up the subject, the following tips can make the conversation a little easier.
- Be prepared. Do your research before the conversation takes place so you can provide thorough information about senior living, assisted living and independent living options.
- Let everyone have a role. Invite all parties involved to talk openly about options. Make sure your family members feel their concerns are being heard.
- Talk when you’re at your best. Choose a moment when you and your family are rested and feeling well.
- Choose a partner. Consider inviting a trusted outside party to join in the discussion, such as a family physician, clergy member or family friend.
- Listen. Hearing and understanding everyone’s wishes and concerns is imperative.
- Revisit. Don’t expect to reach a decision instantly. Many people discuss senior living options over the course of several communications, and it’s important to give your family members some time to absorb the information you share.
Want to know more?
Reach out to our admissions staff today with any questions you may have about a life at Timbercrest.